In 1965, Ian Greer and Robert Galloway started a small engineering company in Peterborough Ontario. With hard work and a commitment to customer satisfaction, Greer Galloway has grown to become one of Ontario’s premiere engineering companies.
Greer Galloway quickly expanded into Architecture and Planning major projects in Peterborough and Pembroke, Ontario. In 1971, our Pembroke location was officially opened at 237 Mackay Street and in 1978 our Belleville location was officially opened at 1620 Wallbridge Loyalist Road.
The 1980s brought expansion into architecture and planning. The Toronto location was opened when our work for the Ontario Ministry of Transportation commenced on Ontario Highways 400, 401 and 403.
As our teams grew, so did our projects. Throughout the 80s, many high-profile projects were completed including, the Student Centre in Oshawa, the Peterborough City Firehall, the Pembroke Marina (pictured), the Pembroke airport (pictured) and the original Peterborough Clinic.
We began to move away from architecture to focus on engineering. In 2000, Jp2g Consultants Inc. was formed from the amalgamation of the Ottawa and Pembroke Greer Galloway offices and Janota Patrick & Associates Ltd. In 2013, we grew again when our Kingston location opened at 640 Cataraqui Woods Drive. Many memorable projects were completed including the Little Lake Warf Rehabilitation, the Desoronto Water Pollution Control Plant Upgrade and the York River Bridge (pictured).
Today the Peterborough location of Greer Galloway serves as the head office for our three multi-disipline locations: Peterborough, Kingston and Belleville. The offices of our busy mid-sized firm are staffed with engineers and support personnel who bring the highest levels of expertise and quality service to our valued clients.